On occasion, a granite business owner has contacted us asking for assistance on what to do to handle pitting when polishing the edges of granite.
Here are some common mistakes that are made:
- Not grinding the surface properly with diamond tools, before starting with abrasives and polishing blocks.
- Not buffing with black oxide to finish
The solution would be:
- Grind the surface properly with diamond tools
- Then use white aluminium powder to get the “gloss” finish (The left over powder will leave white pitting in the material)
- Then take black oxide powder mixed with a little water and buff again
- The finish will be smooth, polished and professional
Hope this helps!